Ever have one of those days...

Go down

Ever have one of those days...

Post  eatingfortwo on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 am

...where you feel like you're not going to make it? I don't even know where to start so I'll just spill. I'm 27 weeks pregnant, and this is my first week without my anxiety medication (doctor says it's best to stop taking it upon entering my third trimester), which let me say I'm NOT handling well. There's something wrong with the way my heart beats. It doesn't do it all the time, I'm not sure what causes it. But it's happening right now. Normally it's bump..bump..bump..bump..bump..bump.. but right now it's bump..bump..bump-bump..bump..bump..bump..bump-bump..bump. And it NEVER does it when I'm at the doctor's office, wouldn't you know?! I'm working 40 hour weeks at a shitty job that I truly cannot stand at the moment. And my husband has been out of work for over THREE MONTHS. Whether he's doing everything in his power to find a job or not is beyond me but I don't have time to stay on his ass about it anymore with all that I have going on. I just can't. Zella's bitch ass Mad blocked my account yesterday (both of them) and I'm sick to death of having to pee every 10 minutes. I just don't know what to do anymore. None of this is new but I guess my medicine made it all a little bit more bearable. I hate this. No
eatingfortwo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ever have one of those days...

Post  drankid on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 am

my heart does that too. sometimes itll actually stop, and then thud really loud when it restarts itself. its usually brought on by anxiety, and its exacerbated by pregnancy. as much as you probably dont want to hear this, when you feel it start to do that, listen to music loud enough that you cant hear it or think of something else. heart palpitations like that can fall into two categories; one where your thoughts interrupt it, or one where it interrupts your thoughts. if its the latter, not thinking about it makes it go away.

if you find your anxiety getting worse, and you feel like youre really starting to drown, message me if you want to talk. im super stubborn, and should be on several types of anti-whatevers, but i cope just by thinking it away. it really does help.

i know all about that job shit too. i can only imagine how bad it is for you guys in the US, but i was the only bacon-bringer for about three months too. cut our income by two thirds. once your husband finds a job, it WILL be better, but itll still take a couple months to get back on your feet. again, if you need someone to talk to about it other than your husband, im here.

and yes, i had my ass banned too. what a twatface. 'swhy i made this site. so hopefully it still helps you out.

drankid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The_One on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:43 pm

I know how you feel, I was on anxiety meds for a long time too and if I ran out I would freak the hell out, I've had times where I couldn't get out of the couch or out of the house because I would have horrible panic attacks. I'm sure the heart thing is from the anxiety, when you worry so much it seems like everything is wrong, I think for a while I was a hypocondriac, everything felt wrong to me, I always felt sick but I have been so much better since I haven't had bad anxiety, for some reason it stopped when I got pregnant. I think it was a combination of learning to cope and talking things out, I started talking a lot more to my husband about the way I felt, or if something was bothering me, I also read a lot of books and did a lot of breathing exercises where you breathe deep through your nose and into your stomach and out your mouth. Those work when you are feeling an attack coming on, count backwards from 10 as you breathe out, it takes your mind off of things to focus on the numbers.

The_One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The_One on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Your baby is adorable Razz
The_One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eatingfortwo on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I hate it so much! It usually happens once a week, but even after it stops, I'll still feel strange the rest of the day. I'll try the music thing next time. I'm usually at work so I'll have to bring my head phones. I'm not sure if I hear it so much as I feel it, but I'll still try! I have an appointment on the 14th and I'm going to bring it up then.

It's hard to talk to my husband because he gets this look in his eyes and I know that he feels guilty because there's nothing he can do to make me feel better and he's not working and there are things from his past (a DWI that resulted in lots of court fees, probation costs, and a revoked driver's license) that are making our lives just that much more difficult.

My anxiety, if that's even what it is, makes life hell. My head will be dizzy and clouded, I feel disoriented, I have heat flashes, it gets harder to breathe, and all this makes me nauseous. It's a feeling of being overwhelmed, even when there's not that much going on around me. It spirals and I usually can't come out of it unless I fall asleep. While I'm at work, I'll take bathroom breaks to collect myself but it lasts all of a couple minutes until I'm right back where I was. It's not something I can just talk myself out of, I've tried and tried. It's almost like I go into panic mode or something. Every day. Sorry to ramble, I don't normally dish, but it's been one of those days.

The fact that you made this site, and talking to you and the rest of the ladies, definitely helps.
eatingfortwo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eatingfortwo on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:52 pm

The_one, I can't take credit for that one! My first will be here in February. That's my niece, Madalyn. Thank you though. (:
eatingfortwo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum