Rants and Raves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i hate remembrance day.

2 posters

Go down

i hate remembrance day. Empty i hate remembrance day.

Post  drankid Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 pm

I truly, truly do. We might as well spit on the graves of past veterans, this day is so disrespectful. How can we say we'll 'never forget' while we're fighting wars and observing today? It makes me sick with anger. If we sincerely never forgot, there would be no more war. We would have listened to history. *sigh*

drankid

Back to top Go down

i hate remembrance day. Empty Re: i hate remembrance day.

Post  jeannie_r Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:35 am

I feel like the meaning of it has changed in the last few years - or maybe I just see it differently now. I lived in Australia for a long time, and the day was marked with a sombre dawn service, with fewer and fewer war veterans represented. Now I feel like it has elements of that but also an air of self congratulations, as though the western world is automatically on the winning side for every war that has ever happened. (for those that dont know Australian troops are in Iraq and Afghanistan)

jeannie_r

Back to top Go down

Post  drankid Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Huh. Thats an interesting take on it. I personally havent felt like that here in canada, but it makes sense it would be like that, seeing as how the western world is everyones godsend. Pfff. All observances and holidays eventually change meaning though.

drankid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum