Rants and Raves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is anyone learned on heart conditions?

2 posters

Go down

is anyone learned on heart conditions? Empty is anyone learned on heart conditions?

Post  drankid Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 pm

i have heart palpations that are exacerbated by stress. i know theyre also made worse by pregnancy. but i have two kinds, one where its the normal flutters, and one where my heart will beat irregularly. sometimes, if its really bad, my heart will stop for maybe a second and a half and then start beating normal again. my pulse rate is pretty normal the whole time though.

the other night, i was laying down relaxing, and my heart just went nuts, and my pulse elevated by a good forty bpm. im just wondering if its pregnancy making it really bad for me, or if the elevated pulse could be indicative of something else. anyone have something similar happen to them? i didnt go to emerg for it because it lasted maybe ten minutes, and they need it happening to monitor it.

drankid

Back to top Go down

is anyone learned on heart conditions? Empty Re: is anyone learned on heart conditions?

Post  The_One Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 pm

I've felt what you're talking about before, like your heart skips a beat, or has an extra beat, do you feel it in your neck? that's where i normally feel it. I was told it was anxiety, but you would probably feel it with accelerated pulse rather than normal pulse. I know that can also be caused by thyroid disease. But I do know that during pregnancy the blood volume increases and it puts more stress on the heart, so it can cause these irregular heartbeats, I would still mention it to your Dr.
The_One
The_One

Back to top Go down

is anyone learned on heart conditions? Empty Re: is anyone learned on heart conditions?

Post  drankid Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:39 pm

I feel it mostly in my chest. Like all of a sudden it feels like my chest is an empty bucket, and my heart is rattling around inside. I can feel the missed pulses in my neck when im counting them though. I was checked for thyroid stuff, which is apparently ok. Im switching over to a perinatoligist this week though, so ill give him the whole scoop on it. Did yours do that before pregnancy too?

drankid

Back to top Go down

Post  The_One Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Yeah I had it before pregnancy but I had really bad anxiety at the time so I'm sure that was the reason. It has happened a few times after I had the baby, but not as often.
The_One
The_One

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum